Other Ways to Stay Politically Active
Here are a few other ideas for staying politically active:
- Start a petition using Change.org.
- Create your own federal budget and send it to Congress with Build a Better Budget.
- Send your friends and family an e-mail or text message to remind them about election day and important issues and elections on the ballot.
- Use government transparency tools and smartphone apps and share them with others.
- Attend a protest or rally for a cause that’s important to you.
- Join or start a political organization in your community using Meetup.com.
- Start your own radio show on a community or college radio station.
- Run for office and encourage others to do the same.
- Talk to your friends and family about how the federal budget works and how it affects them.